Burn up all of your CSA veggies with easy-to-make fritters. These zucchini kohlrabi carrot fritters with herb yogurt sauce make for a fast and scrumptious weeknight dinner.
Veggie fritters are my new saving grace. Since we began getting our weekly CSA packing containers this summer season, I’ve needed to step up my meal planning recreation. By planning out our dinners for the week prematurely, I be certain no CSA veg will get left behind. In any other case, it’s meals waste metropolis up in right here and we will’t have that.
The final two weekends in a row, we’ve had household and buddies visiting and staying with us, which meant consuming out gained over cooking at dwelling. That left me with a TON of veggies to make use of in only a few days till our subsequent CSA decide up. The answer?
Fritters to the rescue, my buddies. You possibly can grate up virtually any veggie mixture, combine it with some spices, egg, and flour and fry these infants up like there’s no tomorrow. Simple peasy.
This week I had an abundance of zucchini, kohlrabi, carrots, and spring onion so that they ALL went into the fritter batter.
I virtually forgot a very powerful motive that I really like fritters – it transforms the veggies. Full disclosure, I’m not the largest zucchini fan. I do know, veggie blasphemy. However I’ve found that if I grate zucchini and throw it into fritters or tacos or sauce, I completely dig it. Downside solved. If there’s a veggie that you just’re not over the moon for, strive grating it right into a fritter and see what you suppose!
By no means heard of kohlrabi? It seems to be and tastes like a turnip nevertheless it’s a bit sweeter and milder in taste. Kohlrabi hails from the brassica household, which is thought for its chronic-disease preventing antioxidants. It’s a superb supply of vitamin Ok and vitamin C (incorporates extra vitamin C than orange juice!) and a great supply of fiber. There’s tons you are able to do within the kitchen with kohlrabi:
- thinly slice and eat uncooked with a yogurt dip
- shred right into a slaw or salad
- roast it within the oven
- sauté it (you possibly can sauté the leaves too!)
- puree right into a soup
- shred it into fritters!
I really like the crispy exterior of those fritters – it makes for a significantly satisfying meal. And paired with a shiny lemony herb yogurt dressing, it’s legit.
For the Fritters:
- 1 medium-large zucchini, grated
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 3 small carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 small kohlrabi, leaves eliminated, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Fritters:
- Mix zucchini, carrots, kohlrabi, and spring onion in a cheese material* and wring out any extra water. Switch to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and blend to coat evenly.
- Add olive oil to forged iron skillet (or a daily frying pan is OK) over medium-high warmth. As soon as oil is scorching sufficient, drop 1/4 cup of fritter batter into the pan and flatten out with a spatula. Relying on the dimensions of your skillet, prepare dinner just a few fritters at a time, leaving area in-between. Prepare dinner for a 3-5 minutes on all sides, or till golden-brown and crispy.
- Switch cooked fritters to a paper towel to soak up some oil. Serve with yogurt sauce.
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- Combine yogurt, lemon zest, parsley, avocado oil, and salt till mixed. Serve alongside fritters.
*In case you don’t have a cheese material, add veggies to a strainer and sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes after which wring out extra liquid with arms.
**To save lots of time, shred greens in a meals processor as an alternative of hand grating them.
You Might Additionally like
Leave a Reply