This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. We obtain a small fee without charge to you if you make a purchase order utilizing our hyperlinks. Please see our Privateness Coverage for extra particulars.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is a feel-good breakfast that’s straightforward to throw collectively prematurely. Made with pure pumpkin puree, heat pumpkin pie spice, chewy rolled oats and crunchy chopped pecans, nobody can say no to this candy breakfast casserole. Gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free with grain-free, vegan, paleo, low-carb & keto choices.
PIN HERE for later and observe my boards for extra recipe concepts
Up to date September 2022
Simple Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake
It doesn’t matter if it’s a crisp fall day or the center of summer season – pumpkin spice is sweet it doesn’t matter what. These traditional heat flavors take the earthy-sweet goodness of pure pumpkin to a complete new degree of heavenly! And this baked oatmeal proves precisely that.
The batter is made in a flash with just one bowl required earlier than it’s unfold right into a casserole dish and baked to perfection. As soon as it comes out of the oven, every serving is topped along with your favourite dried fruit and a splash of milk in addition to further maple syrup, pumpkin spice and chopped pecans. Whether or not you make your oatmeal bake prematurely or whip it up the morning of, you’ll by no means need breakfast to finish.
Is Baked Oatmeal Really Wholesome?
It’s certainly! Oats are a few of the world’s healthiest grains – they’re naturally gluten-free and absolutely loaded with nutritional vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and extra. That being stated, some baked oatmeal recipes name for undesirable elements corresponding to processed sugar.
We make our Oatmeal Bakes with pure sweeteners like maple syrup and honey, holding them good and wholesome with out sacrificing taste. In case you have a dietary restriction, you may simply modify their ingredient lineups to satisfy your wants.
This specific baked oatmeal is strengthened with further nutritional vitamins, protein and fiber because of the inclusion of pumpkin and pecans. Rating!
What You’ll Want
Right here’s some background on our pumpkin baked oatmeal elements with substitution choices included. Scroll right down to the recipe card towards the underside of this put up for the related portions.
- Giant Eggs: Should you’re vegan, skip the eggs and mix 2 tablespoons of floor flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water as a substitute. Let the combination sit for five minutes, or till it takes on a thick, gel-like consistency.
- Pure Pumpkin Puree: Going the store-bought route? Simply be sure you don’t seize a can of pumpkin pie filling by mistake.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Uncooked honey, date syrup and yacon syrup are different good choices in the event that they work along with your food plan. For keto baked oatmeal, use liquid monk fruit sweetener or one other compliant sticky liquid sweetener of alternative.
- Melted Coconut Oil: Or vegan butter. Ghee works too (until you’re dairy-free).
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: This may be swapped out for every other milk you could have available.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Powder: Double-check the label of your baking powder to ensure it’s gluten-free.
- Advantageous Sea Salt
- Gluten-Free Outdated-Common Rolled Oats: Should you’re searching for grain-free, low carb, keto or paleo-friendly oatmeal, substitute the oats for two cups of roughly chopped coconut flakes, 2 tablespoons of almond flour and 1 cup of sliced and roughly chopped almonds. Combine to mix.
- Pecans: Roughly chopped.
- Raisins (Non-compulsory): With no added sugar, for the topping. Be happy to make use of dried cranberries as a substitute if most well-liked.
Methods to Make Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
It’s exhausting to imagine how straightforward this dish actually is. You’ll wish to whip it up each week!
Prep for Baking: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Evenly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with avocado oil spray or olive oil spray. Set the ready pan apart.
Mix Most of Moist Components: Whisk collectively the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in a big mixing bowl till mixed.
Add Milk & Dry Components: Add the milk, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt, mixing till mixed.
Add Oats & Pecans: Stir within the oats adopted by the chopped nuts.
Switch Batter to Pan: Unfold the batter evenly into the ready baking dish. Prime it with raisins and extra pecans if desired.
Bake: Bake the oatmeal till it’s simply set and not jiggly, about 30-35 minutes.
Let Relaxation: Permit the pumpkin baked oatmeal to relaxation for not less than 5 minutes earlier than you narrow and serve it.
Get pleasure from! Prime every serving with a drizzle of maple syrup, a splash of milk, an additional sprinkle of pumpkin spice and extra chopped pecans if desired.
Can I Make It in Advance?
Completely – as soon as it has cooled fully, this breakfast casserole could be stored within the fridge all week. You should definitely cowl it tightly with plastic wrap or switch it to an hermetic container. Pop every serving into the toaster oven or microwave if you happen to’d prefer to reheat your baked oatmeal earlier than you take pleasure in it.
Suggestions for Success
Don’t overlook to check out the following tips and tips earlier than you begin making your oatmeal bake.
- Rolled Oats Solely: This recipe is just not going to work until you utilize old school rolled oats or the required grain-free/low-carb different. Fast oats and steel-cut oats require totally different quantities of liquid in addition to totally different prepare dinner occasions.
- How Can I Inform When Baked Oatmeal is Executed? As soon as your oatmeal bake appears frivolously browned and not jiggles when the pan is gently shaken, go forward and take away it from the oven. Baking it for longer may make it come out exhausting as a substitute of chewy.
- Don’t Skimp on the Resting Time: Letting your baked oatmeal relaxation for not less than 5 minutes earlier than reducing and serving it’s key. This fashion, you’ll be capable to slice it into clear, even parts.
Need to add your individual aptitude to this pumpkin baked oatmeal? One among these enjoyable twists may pique your curiosity.
- Make It Chocolatey: The sweetness of spiced pumpkin and the richness of darkish chocolate make a critically addicting pair. Strive mixing 1/4 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips into your oatmeal batter! Don’t overlook to sprinkle some further ones on high of the oatmeal proper after you take away it from the oven so that they get all good and melty.
- Make Coconut Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal: Pumpkin and coconut are one other pleasant duo that doesn’t get the credit score it deserves. Gently toast 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, combine about two-thirds of them into your batter and use the remaining as a topping – you’ll see!
- Make Baked Oatmeal Cups: To show this casserole into single-serving oatmeal cups, add the batter to a greased 12-count muffin tin (or a muffin tin fitted with silicone liners). Bake the oatmeal cups for 18-25 minutes, or till the tops are simply beginning to brown.
You actually don’t want something to accompany your baked oatmeal, however an additional particular topping actually wouldn’t harm! We prefer to serve ours with a dollop of dairy-free yogurt or coconut whipped cream. Home made Nut Butter is one other fail-proof of entirety, as is jam or jelly. Don’t be afraid to get artistic with it!
Storage and Reheating
Received leftovers? That’s the concept! Wrap the absolutely cooled casserole in a decent layer of plastic wrap and maintain it within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Alternatively, refrigerate particular person servings in a single layer in an hermetic container.
You may reheat giant parts of your casserole within the oven if you happen to cowl the pan with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or till the oatmeal is heated via. Single servings could be warmed up within the toaster oven or microwave.
Does This Freeze Effectively?
Sure, you may freeze your cooled oatmeal bake for as much as 3 months. Wrap the entire casserole or particular person servings in a decent layer of plastic wrap and a layer of industrial quality aluminum foil. Alternatively, retailer the oatmeal in a freezer-safe container. Thaw it out within the fridge in a single day earlier than you serve it.
Extra Fruity Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is a feel-good breakfast that is straightforward to throw collectively prematurely. Made with pure pumpkin puree, heat pumpkin pie spice, chewy rolled oats and crunchy chopped pecans, nobody can say no to this candy breakfast casserole. Gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free with grain-free, vegan, paleo, low-carb & keto choices.
Key phrase: baked oatmeal wholesome, make forward breakfast, pumpkin oatmeal bake
Energy: 252 kcal
- 2 giant eggs or 2 flax eggs for vegan – mix 2 tbsp floor flax seed + 5 tbsp water. Let sit for five minutes or till combination will get thick and gel-like.
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or most well-liked sticky liquid sweetener corresponding to date syrup, yacon syrup, sugar-free maple syrup, pure liquid monk fruit or honey if not vegan
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil may additionally sub with vegan butter or melted ghee if not dairy-free
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or any non-dairy milk of alternative
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp wonderful sea salt
- 3 1/4 cups gluten-free quaint rolled oats , for grain-free/low carb – mix 2 cups roughly chopped coconut flakes, 1 cup roughly chopped sliced almonds & 2 tbsp almond flour as a substitute or utilizing oats or observe my recipe for paleo-friendly oatmeal
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped + 1 1/2 tablespoons extra for topping (some chopped and a few not chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon no sugar added raisins or dried cranberries optionally available, for the topping
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Evenly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with avocado oil spray or olive oil spray. Put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and blend till mixed. Add milk, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt and blend once more.
Stir within the oats adopted by the chopped nuts.
Unfold batter evenly into baking dish, greased muffin tin or silicone muffin liners (for baked oatmeal cups). Prime with extra pecans, plus raisins if desired.
Bake in a preheated oven till simply set and not jiggly – about 30-35 minutes. (18-25 minutes for baked oatmeal cups).
Cool for five minutes earlier than serving. Prime with a drizzle of maple syrup, dairy-free yogurt or whipped coconut cream, with a splash of milk and an additional sprinkle of pumpkin spice and extra chopped pecans, if desired.
- To Retailer: Wrap cooled casserole tightly in plastic wrap or switch particular person servings to an hermetic container. Retailer within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat: Cowl giant parts of casserole with foil and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes. Single servings could be warmed up within the toaster oven or microwave.
- To Freeze: Retailer cooled leftovers in an hermetic container and freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Quantity Per Serving (1 serving)
Energy 252 Energy from Fats 108
% Every day Worth*
* Vitamin info are supplied as a courtesy utilizing the WPRM recipe calculator. It’s best to make your individual calculations to make sure accuracy. We expressly disclaim any and all legal responsibility of any variety with respect to any act or omission wholly or partially in reliance on something contained on this web site. P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.
Leave a Reply