This recipe for Swiss Chard Salad with Oranges and Citrus French dressing is a celebration of seasonal plant meals. Although you may usually discover the primary substances on this recipe—Swiss chard and oranges—yr spherical, they’re fairly sturdy crops that develop notably effectively within the cooler months, particularly in my dwelling state of California. This tremendous simple Swiss chard salad recipe pairs the pungent inexperienced style of chard with the candy brilliant flavors of citrus, and the nutty crunch of pumpkin seeds, all with a flavorful cumin, olive oil, citrus French dressing. With solely 6 substances, you may get this wholesome, nutrition-packed recipe on the desk in 10 minutes! This salad is gluten-free and vegan too.
What Is Swiss Chard?
Swiss chard (also called chard) is a wholesome, scrumptious leafy inexperienced vegetable. Associated to beets and spinach, Swiss chard is a nutrient-rich greens, containing nutritional vitamins A, C, and Okay, magnesium, iron and potassium. Swiss chard could be very versatile; you should use it like all leafy inexperienced by steaming, sautéing, and pan-frying, in addition to together with it in recipes, like soups, pasta, casseroles, and stir-fries.
You may also take pleasure in it contemporary, in salads, smoothies, and grain bowls. Swiss chard can simply be grown in a vegetable backyard, so give it a attempt! (Obtain my Develop Your Personal Meals Toolkit right here.) Rainbow Swiss chard is an exquisite number of chard which has multi-colored stems.
Be taught to take advantage of superb, wholesome, vegan, gluten-free salad utilizing only a few substances on this Swiss Chard Salad with Oranges and Citrus French dressing.
Swiss Chard Salad:
Citrus French dressing:
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 small orange, juiced (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper (as desired, non-obligatory)
- Wash chard leaves, and dry. Chop them pretty high-quality and place in a giant salad bowl. Add chopped oranges and pumpkin seeds.
- To make citrus French dressing: Whisk collectively olive oil, orange juice, cumin, and salt and pepper (non-obligatory) in a small dish.
- Toss dressing into salad, combining effectively to tenderize greens.
- Put aside or chill for about half-hour to let dressing tenderize greens. Toss once more to distribute substances and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 84
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Fats: 5 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
Key phrases: what’s swiss chard, rainbow swiss chard, swiss chard salad, citrus French dressing
Leave a Reply