In search of a straightforward recipe for Vegan Eggplant Parmigiana that’s reliably scrumptious, but mild and wholesome? Right here you go! This consolation meals dish was impressed by the country Italian meals traditions that I like a lot, together with the eggplants and tomatoes rising in my backyard. Typically conventional eggplant parmigiana could be a belt buster, with layers of gooey cheese, and deep-fried breaded eggplant. But, you may take pleasure in a lighter, leaner, plant-based model with roasted eggplant, handmade cashew cheese, and an natural marinara sauce. This straightforward dish can hit your dinner desk in lower than 40 minutes, and it’s completely delicious. All it’s a must to do is boil up some complete grain pasta and toss a inexperienced salad to finish your meal. Convey it to your subsequent potluck and watch it disappear. Pack up the leftovers in your lunch the following day, as this dish is even higher after the flavors meld collectively the following day. I’ve had the prospect to study rather a lot about Italian meals on my culinary travels and research, although I’m not a real skilled of this wealthy culinary custom. I’m a fan of Chloe Coscarelli’s traditional plant-based Italian dishes.
Straightforward Vegan Eggplant Parmigiana
Whole Time: 2 hours 58 minutes
Yield: 4 servings 1x
Eating regimen: Vegan
This lighter, more healthy model of Vegan Eggplant Parmigiana is simple, scrumptious, and completely satisfying.
Cashew Cream Cheese:
- 1 giant eggplant
- 1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons complete grain bread crumbs
Herbed Marinara Sauce:
- To Make Cashew Cream: Place cashews in a bowl and canopy with water. Soak for two hours. Drain cashews. Place cashews in a blender with plant-based milk, lemon juice, garlic, salt and white pepper (elective), and dietary yeast. Course of cashews till very easy. Could should pause and scrape down sides a number of occasions. Texture ought to be thick and creamy.
- To Make Eggplant: Preheat oven to 400 F on the broiler setting. Chop eggplant into skinny vertical slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle evenly with salt and bread crumbs. Place in oven on high rack and broil for 8 minutes, till golden. Take away from oven and scale back warmth to 375 F bake setting.
- To Make Herbed Marinara Sauce: Combine marinara sauce with garlic, basil, oregano and black pepper in a small bowl.
- To Assemble: In a 9×9 baking dish, place ½ cup marinara sauce on backside and unfold out evenly. Layer half the roasted eggplant on high of the marinara sauce, adopted by half the remaining marinara sauce, and half the cashew cream. Repeat layers another time with remaining substances. Place uncovered in 375 F oven and bake for half-hour. Take away, permit to chill for five minutes, slice into squares, and serve.
Discover ways to make cashew cream right here.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free bread crumbs.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 38 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Italian, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 215
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 352 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: parmigiana, eggplant, vegan eggplant parmigiana
Try different favourite plant-based Italian recipes:
Baked Mediterranean Lasagna
Pantescan Potato Salad
Pasta with Marinara and Roasted Greens
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, click on right here.
Leave a Reply