Do you know that you can make a shortcut lasagna in only one skillet? This simple vegan skillet lasagna has rapidly change into certainly one of my favourite weeknight dinner choices. All the flavour of your favourite consolation meals however made in only one pot.
Because the mother of a toddler, I really like having quite a lot of plant-based one pot recipes that I can flip to once I must make one thing for dinner fast. This simple vegan skillet lasagna recipe is my new favourite! It has all of the wealthy flavors of conventional lasagna however could be whipped up in simply 40 minutes. A win in case you ask me!
In case you’re in search of extra scrumptious vegan pasta recipes, listed here are a number of of my different favorites from the weblog: vegan pesto pasta, creamy beet pasta, and vegan stuffed shells.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s simple! This one pot dinner is nice for weeknights when it is advisable to get one thing on the desk rapidly.
- It freezes effectively so any additional leftovers could be saved for future meals.
- This recipe is vegan, dairy free, and egg free. It may well simply be made gluten free as effectively by swapping out the lasagna noodles for a gluten free noodle.
Components You’ll Want
- Lasagna Noodles: this recipe works with both conventional lasagna noodles or no-boil lasagna noodles. Make a gluten free lasagna skillet by subbing with gluten free lasagna noodles.
- Marinara: use your favourite marinara or pasta sauce for this skillet – simply double test the elements to verify it’s vegan.
- Vegan Floor Beef: Use any vegan floor beef or crumbles that you just like. I used the plant-based crumbles from Gardein for this recipe. You could possibly additionally use a can of white beans instead of plant-based crumbles in case you favor.
- Vegan Mozarella & Vegan Ricotta: my favourite vegan mozzarella for this skillet lasagna is the shreds from VioLife however you need to use your favourite. If you wish to splurge, purchase some vegan ricotta for this dish as effectively! (I actually just like the one from Kite Hill.) I’ve made it each methods, so don’t fear in case you can’t discover vegan ricotta, you possibly can omit it. In case you are feeling bold, you may make a tofu ricotta utilizing the recipe from my vegan lasagna.
- Zucchini, Onion, and Bell Pepper: Add additional fiber and vitamins to your lasagna skillet by incorporating this basic mixture of veggies. We additionally use summer season squash typically as a substitute of zucchini. Any shade of bell peppers works for this recipe.
Step by Step
Step One: Add the olive oil, onion, pepper, and zucchini to a big skillet over medium warmth and sauté till onion is softened.
Step Two: Stir within the vegan floor beef, garlic, and Italian seasoning and prepare dinner for an additional couple of minutes.
Step Three: Add the marinara and water. Deliver to a boil over medium warmth.
Step 4: Add the damaged lasagna noodles, damaged into massive items. Stir into the sauce. Cowl with a lid and simmer for 25-Half-hour, stirring each 5 minutes or so till the noodles are cooked and sauce has thickened.
Step 5: Add spoonfuls of vegan ricotta cheese (if utilizing).
Step Six: Sprinkle the highest of the skillet with vegan mozzarella cheese shreds. Place below the broiler on excessive for 1-3 minutes or till the cheese has melted. Garnish with chopped contemporary parsley and purple pepper flakes and serve!
- Stir Incessantly: You’ll must stir each 5 minutes or so after including the lasagna noodles in order that they don’t stick collectively or burn to the underside of the pan.
- Medium Low Warmth: After including the noodles, hold the lid on as a lot as potential and use medium low warmth as you don’t need all of the sauce to prepare dinner off earlier than the pasta is finished.
- Customise to Your Desire: be at liberty so as to add completely different veggies, use completely different pasta shapes, or add completely different herbs like extra basil. You’ll be able to even prime with a little bit of vegan parmesan cheese. (Right here’s a recipe for my plant based mostly parmesan!)
What to Serve with Skillet Lasagna
We wish to hold it easy and serve this skillet lasagna with both a salad or some steamed veggies. Listed below are some concepts:
Sure – you may also use no boil lasagna noodles for this recipe. You could discover that you would be able to scale back the simmer time because the no boil noodle soften quicker.
Sure, this recipe freezes effectively if you wish to save the leftovers. Simply retailer in an hermetic container within the freezer and permit to thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating within the oven or microwave.
I exploit a ten inch sauté pan from Oneida for this recipe but it surely appears to be like like it’s discontinued. A big skillet with tall sides like this stainless one works greatest for this recipe.
Did you’re keen on this recipe? Be sure that to depart a ⭐️ score and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Skillet Lasagna (One Pot!)
Do you know that you can make a shortcut lasagna in only one skillet? This simple vegan skillet lasagna has rapidly change into certainly one of my favourite weeknight dinner choices.
Stop your display from going darkish
Place a 12-inch skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high warmth. When the skillet is scorching, add the oil, zucchini, bell pepper, onions, and garlic. Prepare dinner for 5-7 minutes or till onion is translucent.
Stir within the veggie crumbles and Italian seasoning. Prepare dinner one other 1-2 minutes to heat up the frozen crumbles.
Stir within the marinara and water. Deliver to a boil. Add the damaged lasagna noodles and canopy. Prepare dinner for 25-Half-hour, stirring each 5 minutes, till noodles are softened.
Flip off the warmth and add spoonfuls of the vegan ricotta (if utilizing) evenly all through the pan. Add the vegan mozzarella in a good layer over prime and broil for 1-2 minutes to soften. Garnish with contemporary chopped parsley or basil to serve.
- Leftovers: Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
- To Freeze: Permit recipe to chill to room temperature after which add to an hermetic container to freeze. I wish to freeze in smaller particular person dimension parts so I can reheat them individually. Reheat within the microwave. Lasagna could be saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- Diet info are calculated with out the vegan ricotta.
Energy: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1255IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply