These nut and coconut bars are seedy, crunchy, chocolatey, and filled with fiber. Make a batch and retailer them within the freezer for a straightforward and wholesome snack.
Simple Nut and Coconut Bars
Skip the store-bought granola bars and make these crunch nut and coconut bars. They’ve a enjoyable texture and are an excellent snack to maintain within the freezer all week. Not solely are these bars tasty, however they’re filled with fiber!
why we love these bars
- These bars have a seedy and superb texture.
- They’re naturally sweetened.
- You may simply substitute your favourite nuts or grains.
- Chocolate chips make every little thing higher, together with these bars.
These nut and coconut bars are made with numerous grains, nuts, and chocolate chips. Beneath are the featured components. We love the mix of components we use, however be happy to substitute a special nut for the almonds! Or? Sub your favourite nut butter.
- Puff the quinoa. Warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth and add the quinoa. Let the quinoa pop till the quinoa begins to show a golden brown. Instantly take the quinoa off of the warmth to stop burning.
- Combine Elements. Switch the quinoa to a big mixing bowl and add the puffed rice, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips to a bowl and toss. Put aside.
- Warmth the sauce. Warmth the brown rice syrup, honey, cashew butter, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl and whisk till melted and easy.
- Mix every little thing collectively. Pour the brown rice combination over the quinoa combination and toss till coated. The chocolate chips will soften and switch the sauce right into a chocolate sauce.
- Freeze the bars. Switch the components to a parchment-lined 9×13-inch dish and press the bars into the pan. Freeze for at the very least 1 hour or till the combination is about.
- Slice and retailer. Elevate the parchment paper out of the pan and set the bars on a slicing board. Use a pointy knife to chop the bars into rectangles or squares. Retailer the bars in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
a tip on puffed quinoa
Normally, puffed quinoa seems extra toasted than puffed. You’ll hear the quinoa popping and most quinoas pop into small items fairly than the store-bought puffed quinoa that appears extra like puffed rice.
Suggestions for Nut and Coconut Bars
You’ll want to let the bars set utterly earlier than making an attempt to slice them. You don’t need them to disintegrate
Take these bars up a stage and sprinkle mini chocolate chips and extra coarse salt on high of the bars earlier than you press them into the pan. It provides an excellent further saltiness.
You get to determine the way you need to slice the bars. You may slice them into rectangles, squares, and even bite-sized items.
make it simple
Print Your Personal
Maintain widespread kitchen conversions like tablespoons to teaspoons and Fahrenheit to Celsius readily available always with our printable kitchen conversions chart.
Storage + Freezing
After you slice these bars, instantly switch them to an hermetic container or bag. Retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 3 cups puffed brown rice
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips +extra for topping
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup creamy cashew butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt + extra for topping
Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper and set it apart.
Warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. When the skillet is scorching, add the quinoa to the skillet. Gently transfer the quinoa across the skillet till it begins to make a snapping noise and begins to brown. Take away the pan from warmth and pour the quinoa into a big mixing bowl.
Add the puffed rice, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips to the blending bowl with the quinoa and toss to mix.
Subsequent, warmth a small saucepan over medium warmth and add the brown rice syrup, honey, cashew butter, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk to mix. Carry the combination to a delicate simmer till all of the components are melted collectively and easy. Take away from warmth.
Pour the brown rice syrup combination over the puffed rice and different components. Stir the components collectively till mixed. A number of the mini chocolate chips will soften.
Pour the combination into the lined 9×13-inch pan and press the combination down with a spatula or your palms. Evenly unfold the combination into the underside of the pan. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and coarse salt excessive of the bars and press them into the highest of the bars.
Place the pan within the freezer for about 1 hour to set. Take away the pan from the freezer and elevate the edges of the parchment paper so the bars come out of the pan.
Place the bars on a big slicing board and lower them into rectangles or squares.
Switch the bars into an hermetic bag or container and place them within the fridge or freezer for later.
Suggestions & Notes
- You may substitute the cashew butter for almond butter or peanut butter.
Energy: 220kcal Carbohydrates: 34g Protein: 5g Fats: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 19g
Pictures: images taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.
Leave a Reply