Low-Carb Reuben Bake is a scrumptious manner to make use of leftover corned beef, however you may as well purchase corned beef on the deli to make this casserole. And this has all of the flavors individuals love in Reuben Sandwiches, with out the carbs.
PIN the Low-Carb Reuben Bake to make it later!
I like St. Patrick’s Day, and yearly I attempt to encourage individuals to cook dinner corned beef and cabbage, which each normally go on sale within the U.S. for this Irish-American vacation. And whether or not you make my tried-and-true Gradual Cooker Corned Beef or make On the spot Pot Corned Beef with Creamy Horseradish Sauce, I actually hope you’re cooking some corned beef.
And naturally I at all times beneficial Roasted Cabbage with Lemon as the proper aspect dish for corned beef. After which when you’re fortunate sufficient to have corned beef leftovers, I hope you’ll take into consideration making this superb Low-Carb Reuben Bake. And even when you don’t make corned beef (or don’t get any leftovers!) I like to recommend that you just purchase corned beef on the deli and make this low-carb Reuben Casserole with layers of mashed cauliflower, cabbage, corned beef, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing.
If you happen to’re a fan of the Reuben Sandwich, you’ll acknowledge a few of these components and notice how this casserole acquired its title. And I guess quite a lot of my readers are going to have leftover corned beef tomorrow, so I’m recommending this tasty manner to make use of it as my Friday Favorites choose this week!
This Low-Carb Reuben Bake is a recipe I got here up with a number of years in the past after I noticed undoubtedly high-carb Reuben bake on Pinterest! I spotted I may swap out the potatoes for tacky cauliflower and use sugar-free Thousand Island Dressing and make this right into a scrumptious low carb dish.
It took a few tries to get the recipe and photographs how I needed them, however when Kara and I examined this remaining model we devoured it up. And I’m hoping I don’t sound like I’m fully missing in modesty if I say this can be a full winner for a manner to make use of leftover corned beef; get pleasure from!
What components do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- bitter cream
- grated Swiss cheese
- inexperienced onion
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- inexperienced cabbage
- olive oil
- caraway seeds, elective
- leftover corned beef
- Thousand Island Dressing, ideally G. Hughes Thousand Island Dressing (affiliate hyperlink)
Will the Low-Carb Reuben Bake Maintain?
This Ruben Bake recipe will preserve within the fridge for fairly a number of days and is straightforward to reheat within the microwave. I haven’t managed to have any left over to attempt freezing it, however I’m guessing it ought to freeze properly.
What Thousand Island Dressing is low in carbs for this Ruben Bake recipe?
After I first made this recipe I had a tough time discovering Thousand Island Dressing that was actually low in carbs. However now I’d use G. Hughes Thousand Island Dressing (affiliate hyperlink), which has just one carb in two tablespoons!
Need extra concepts for leftover corned beef?
You should utilize Low-Carb and Keto Corned Beef Recipes for tons extra concepts for leftover corned beef from Kalyn’s Kitchen and blogs across the net!
The best way to Make Low-Carb Reuben Bake:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or when you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Chop up a head of cauliflower and cook dinner in boiling salted water.
- Drain cauliflower not less than 5 minutes, then use an Immersion Blender (affiliate hyperlink) or hand beater to puree the cauliflower with the bitter cream.
- Stir in grated Swiss cheese and inexperienced onions.
- Slice up cabbage, shred corned beef aside after which chop, and measure out the Thousand Island dressing.
- Warmth olive oil in frying pan and saute the cabbage (seasoned with salt, pepper, and a bit of caraway seed if desired.)
- When cabbage is beginning to wilt, add corned beef and cook dinner 1-2 minutes extra.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes after which stir within the Thousand Island Dressing.
- I used a deep casserole dish so you might see the layers, however any glass or crockery casserole dish that’s not too small will work.
- Make a layer with half the mashed cauliflower within the backside of the dish.
- Put the cabbage/corned beef combination over that and high with grated Swiss Cheese.
- Then make one other layer of mashed cauliflower, spreading it round.
- High with one other layer of grated Swiss Cheese.
- Bake at 375F/190C about 45 minutes, or till it’s effervescent scorching and the highest is beginning to brown. Serve scorching.
- I promise this will probably be a success with anybody who likes corned beef, even when they don’t care about low-carb consuming.
Extra Tasty Low-Carb Concepts with Corned Beef:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a brand new class known as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat throughout the week!
- 1 giant head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup bitter cream
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup sliced inexperienced onion
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- 1 medium head inexperienced cabbage
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds (elective)
- 2 cups leftover corned beef, shredded after which chopped into bite-sized items
- 1/2 cup G. Hughes Thousand Island Dressing (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. Fill a pot half fill with water, add a bit of salt and produce to a boil.
- Whereas the water heats, trim away the leaves from the cauliflower, retaining the stems; then coarsely chop cauliflower. When the water is sort of boiling, add the cauliflower, flip warmth to medium, and cook dinner the cauliflower 10-11 minutes or till it’s barely beginning to get tender. (Don’t overcook or the mashed cauliflower will probably be mushy.) Dump cauliflower right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it drain not less than 5 minutes so it’s not moist.
- Put cooked cauliflower again into the pan you cooked it in, add the bitter cream, and use an Immersion Blender (affiliate hyperlink) or Hand Mixer (affiliate hyperlink) to puree the cauliflower. (Don’t over mix; I stored it barely chunky. Bear in mind it’s going to cook dinner extra within the oven.) Combine in 1/2 cup of grated Swiss Cheese and the inexperienced onions.
- Take away any wilted outer leaves of cabbage, reduce the cabbage into quarters, and reduce away and discard the core. Then slice cabbage about 3/8 inch thick. Shred the corned beef aside into strips and chop to make bite-sized items.
- Warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth in a big non-stick frying pan (I used my favourite Inexperienced Pan (affiliate hyperlink) to cook dinner the cabbage.) When the oil is scorching, add the cabbage, flip warmth to medium, and saute the cabbage, seasoning with salt, pepper, and a bit of caraway seed if utilizing. Prepare dinner about 4 minutes, or till it’s beginning to barely brown on some edges. Add the corned beef and cook dinner 1-2 minutes extra.
- Flip off warmth and let the pan settle down for a minute or two, then stir within the Thousand Island dressing.
- Spray a big casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil. (The dish I made this in was about 9″ x 12″.) Put half the mashed cauliflower into the dish and unfold right into a flat layer. Put the cabbage-corned beef combination on high of the layer of cauliflower and sprinkle with 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese. Unfold the remainder of the mashed cauliflower in a layer on high of that, and sprinkle the cauliflower with one other 3/4 cup grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or till the combination is effervescent scorching and the cheese is beginning to frivolously brown on high. Serve scorching.
If yow will discover G. Hughes Thousand Island Dressing (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe, it solely has one carb in two tablespoons. Search for the bottom carb dressing yow will discover.
This recipe tailored by Kalyn and Kara from a recipe I noticed on Pinterest.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 364Complete Fats: 27gSaturated Fats: 10gUnsaturated Fats: 13.6gLdl cholesterol: 90mgSodium: 815mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3.2gSugar: 5.9gProtein: 20g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / Low-Carb Food regimen Recommendations:
For low-carb or Keto diets, it’s vital to search for Thousand Island Dressing that doesn’t comprise quite a lot of sugar to make the Low-Carb Reuben Bake. I might use G. Hughes Thousand Island Dressing (affiliate hyperlink) if yow will discover that. Corned beef isn’t actually beneficial for the South Seaside Food regimen as a result of quantity of fats, so this can be a once-in-a-while deal with for South Seaside Dieters however I’d definitely make it for St. Patrick’s Day leftovers in case you have some. South Seaside would advocate utilizing mild bitter cream and likewise reduced-fat Swiss cheese if yow will discover it.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Casserole Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food regimen Kind Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This tasty low-carb casserole with Reuben Sandwich flavors was first posted in 2015. The recipe was final up to date with extra data in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply