Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin is certainly a deal with for low-carb consolation meals and that is considered one of my private favourite casseroles!
PIN Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin to strive it later!
I created this Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin on a January day a number of years again once I wished some low-carb consolation meals. I had ham and cauliflower within the fridge, and ideas of Twice Baked Cauliflower gave me the thought for this casserole with numerous cauliflower mixed with ham, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Parmesan, inexperienced onion, and cheese. I’d love this as a scrumptious low-carb dinner for a chilly winter night time!
In fact I needed to embody this one once I up to date my assortment of Low-Carb and Keto Casseroles recipes. There’s not a lot I don’t love about low-carb casseroles, however one of many greatest causes I like to make them is the way in which they assure leftovers.
And most low-carb casseroles additionally freeze effectively, together with this one, and the way I like to tug dinner out of the freezer once I don’t wish to prepare dinner! (You need to use the class for Can Freeze to search out extra dishes that freeze effectively.)
This low-carb casserole with ham and cauliflower has been wildly in style on the weblog; hope you take pleasure in making an attempt it if you happen to haven’t made this one but!
What elements do you want for this recipe?
(That is ONLY a listing of elements for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- uncooked cauliflower
- salt (for water to prepare dinner cauliflower)
- diced ham
- cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- inexperienced onions
- recent floor black pepper to style
- grated cheddar cheese
What sort of ham must you use for this casserole?
If you would like this recipe to be Keto, remember to select a ham with out added sugar. I take advantage of thick ham steaks from Costco, however thick sliced deli ham, and reduce up cubes from an entire ham can even work.
Are you able to make this recipe with frozen cauliflower?
I’ll be trustworthy and say I’m not a lot of a fan of frozen greens, and I’d favor freshly-cooked cauliflower for this. However there are some feedback on this put up from individuals who have made it with frozen cauliflower and reported again that it labored effectively. Whichever you employ, I might make certain the cauliflower is well-drained earlier than you assemble the casserole.
What if you happen to’re not a fan of Greek Yogurt?
In the event you don’t just like the tangy taste of Greek Yogurt I might use bitter cream for this recipe.
Need extra low-carb casseroles with cauliflower?
Take a look at Low-Carb and Keto Cauliflower Casseroles for heaps extra concepts for tasty dinners with cauliflower, together with a number of cauliflower casseroles from my meals running a blog associates.
Make Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin:
(That is ONLY a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it’s going to take you on to the entire recipe.)
- You want a minimum of 6 cups of cauliflower, reduce into small items.
- Prepare dinner the cauliflower in boiling salted water till it’s simply getting smooth; don’t overcook.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower effectively (a minimum of 5 minutes).
- Whereas the cauliflower cooks, reduce up two cups of ham.
- Soften cream cheese within the microwave for a minute or so, then combine within the Greek yogurt (or bitter cream), Parmesan, and sliced inexperienced onions.
- Mash the cauliflower barely (within the pan you cooked it in) then stir within the sauce combination so it’s fully blended with the cauliflower and gently combine within the ham.
- Season to style with fresh-ground black pepper.
- Spray the baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil, put the casserole combination in within the dish, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or till the cheese is totally melted and beginning to brown and the combination is scorching all through and beginning to barely bubble.
- Let sit about 10 minutes for any liquid within the dish to be absorbed, then serve scorching and luxuriate in! This may maintain within the fridge for a number of days and reheats effectively.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin would style nice with Peperoncini Chopped Salad, American Greek Salad, or Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad, Spring Combine Salad, or Kalyn’s Low-Carb Coleslaw for a low-carb meal.
Extra Tasty Low-Carb Dinners with Cauliflower:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a brand new class known as Weekend Meals Prep that can assist you discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 6 cups uncooked cauliflower flowerets, reduce pretty small
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for water to prepare dinner cauliflower)
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (see notes)
- 2 T finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced inexperienced onions
- recent floor black pepper to style
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Fill a medium-sized pot half full with water, add 1/2 tsp. salt, and begin to deliver to a boil.
- Lower up the cauliflower into small flowerets, discarding the leaves and core.
- Put cauliflower items into the water and prepare dinner at a low boil till the cauliflower is beginning to get barely kind. Verify it typically and do not overcook; the cauliflower will soften extra within the oven.
- Whereas cauliflower is cooking, reduce the ham into very small cubes and slice inexperienced onions.
- Put cream cheese right into a glass dish or measuring cup and soften it within the microwave for a couple of minutes. (Or you’ll be able to soften it on prime of the pre-heating oven if you do not have a microwave.) When cream cheese is smooth stir within the Greek yogurt (or bitter cream), Parmesan, and sliced inexperienced onions.
- When cauliflower is cooked sufficient to begin to soften, pour right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it drain effectively (a minimum of 5 minutes; do not rush this step)
- Put the drained cauliflower again into the pot you cooked it in and mash with a potato masher till it is barely mashed with fairly a number of chunks left.
- Stir within the sauce combination and mix effectively with the cauliflower; then gently combine within the diced ham.
- Season to style with fresh-ground black pepper. (I did not use salt as a result of the ham and the Parmesan are each salty.)
- Spray glass or crockery casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil. (I used a glass casserole dish that was about 8″ x 10″.) Pour cauliflower combination into the dish, unfold out evenly, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and evenly browned and all of the combination is scorching all through and beginning to bubble. Let sit 10 minutes for any liquid to be absorbed, then serve scorching.
- I’m assuming that this freezes effectively, however I nonetheless have not tried freezing it as a result of I by no means have any leftovers.
You too can use bitter cream if you happen to’re not a Greek yogurt fan; yogurt has simply barely much less carbs. Undoubtedly use extra cheese if you would like!
This recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Twice Baked Cauliflower.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 238Whole Fats: 14gSaturated Fats: 7gUnsaturated Fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 65mgSodium: 855mgCarbohydrates: 7.7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g
Diet data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seaside Food plan Strategies:
Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin as proven can be appropriate for low-carb or Keto diets. In the event you’re wanting it to be appropriate for the South Seaside Food plan they’d advocate lean ham, reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free Greek yogurt, and low-fat cheese.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Casserole Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to search out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This tasty casserole with ham and cauliflower was first posted in 2012. It was up to date with higher pictures in 2017 and was final up to date with extra data in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply