This Greek Lemon Hen can marinate all day when you’re at work; then merely roast the hen for a simple low-carb dinner. That is completely scrumptious, and your home goes to odor wonderful whereas the hen cooks!
PIN Greek Lemon Hen to make it later!
At the moment I’m reminding you about this scrumptious Greek Lemon Hen that’s good for a particular dinner on per week night time, and this simple recipe shall be a success with everybody who likes hen with lemon and Greek seasonings! I don’t know the way many individuals nonetheless roast hen at house, however not solely is that this hen so, so scrumptious, the fantastic odor that fills your home whereas the hen is roasting makes it definitely worth the little little bit of effort.
The Greek Lemon Hen marinates all day in a Ziploc bag in a combination of lemon juice, olive oil, and Greek spices, and within the night you simply pop it within the oven for a simple dinner that’s achieved in about an hour. And naturally that is amazingly low in carbs, for people who find themselves fascinated about that.
What elements do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely a listing of elements; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it can take you on to the entire recipe.)
- olive oil, ideally good high quality Greek olive oil
- grated lemon zest (non-obligatory however advisable)
- recent lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice for among the juice
- Greek Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink)
- salt and recent floor black pepper
What offers this hen Greek flavors?
This roasted hen makes use of the mix of olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and Greek oregano that’s such a traditional in Greek cooking.
What if you happen to don’t have Greek Seasoning?
Greek Seasoning is an herb and spice mix that’s obtainable in most shops. However if you happen to don’t wish to purchase it, is normally accommodates salt, garlic powder, Oregano (ideally Greek oregano), Marjoram, and dried lemon peel. Some manufacturers additionally include onion, parsley and black pepper. Essentially the most important ingredient is Oregano; in case you have that simply add a pinch of the opposite elements you do have.
Make Greek Lemon Hen:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it can take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Combine the recent lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Tying the hen is non-obligatory, however I love to do it, and it retains it collectively.
- Put the hen in a plastic bag with the marinade and let it marinate all day within the fridge.
- I rig up a roasting pan by placing a rack inside a baking dish, which lets the new air flow into below the hen, however you’ll be able to roast it simply on a baking sheet as effectively.
- Begin the hen with breast aspect down and cook dinner at 450F/220C for 25 minutes.
- Then flip the hen over, decrease the warmth to 350F/180C and cook dinner 35-45 minutes extra. I exploit an On the spot-Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to cook dinner till the hen reaches 170F.
- You may broil the hen for a few minutes if you happen to’d wish to brown the highest a bit extra, however even if you happen to skip that step, this hen is fairly photogenic!
Make it a Low-Carb Greek Meal Meal:
Greek Lemon Hen would style nice with Spicy Chopped Greek Salad with Peperoncini, Greek Cauliflower Rice Bake, Simple Grilled Greek Zucchini, Greek Model Zucchini Noodles, or Greek Cabbage Salad for a tremendous meal with greek flavors!
Extra Low-Carb Hen Dinners:
Weekend Meals Prep:
Roasted hen is nice left over, so this recipe has been added to a class referred to as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- Entire hen, about 5 kilos (I used an entire hen from Costco for this photograph)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, good high quality
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest (non-obligatory however advisable)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (see notes)
- 1 T Greek seasoning, see word under
- Salt and recent floor pepper to style
- I normally tie the hen with string, however you don’t need to.
- Zest the pores and skin of the lemon after which squeeze the juice. If you do not have a lemon zester (affiliate hyperlink), any sort of microplane grater (affiliate hyperlink) or perhaps a effective cheese grater will work.
- Combine marinade elements in measuring cup.
- Put hen in giant Ziploc bag, pour marinade over, then zip bag shut and blend effectively, till hen is effectively coated. Put in fridge and let hen marinate all day when you’re at work.
- After work, preheat oven to 450F/220C, drain marinade off and put hen in glass or heavy steel roasting pan, breast aspect down. (I like to make use of a pan with a rack in it so the new air circulates below the hen, however any roasting pan or baking dish will work.)
- Roast about 25 minutes, then flip breast aspect up and baste with pan juices.
- Decrease warmth to 350 and roast about one other 35-45 minutes, or till high is browned and On the spot-Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) reads about 170. It takes about an hour and quarter-hour for a 5 pound hen.
- Let relaxation 10 minutes earlier than carving.
You may use fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe.
There are various good manufacturers of Greek Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink). In the event you don’t have Greek Seasoning, I’d use 1 tsp every oregano, garlic powder and marjoram; or different spices you want on hen.
Dietary info for energy, fats, and protein goes to be a lot decrease than proven for this recipe due to course you are not consuming all of the oil that is within the marinade and among the 5 kilos of hen is bones!
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 1013Complete Fats: 63gSaturated Fats: 16gUnsaturated Fats: 41gLdl cholesterol: 333mgSodium: 1169mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: ogSugar: 0gProtein: 103g
Vitamin info is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seaside Eating regimen Recommendations:
Greek Lemon Hen could be a fantastic dish for the South Seaside Eating regimen, and low-carb consuming plans, even Keto. Those that are South Seaside Dieters who’re following the letter of the regulation ought to ought to let different relations have the legs and thighs and eat the breast meat, which has much less saturated fats.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Oven Dinners to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Eating regimen Kind index pages to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe for Greek Lemon Hen was first posted in 2006, most likely with no single photograph. I’ve made it many, many occasions since then, and the recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply