Get pleasure from a chocolate lined strawberry in smoothie kind for breakfast whenever you make this scrumptious chocolate strawberry banana smoothie recipe. Cocoa powder provides tons of wealthy chocolate-y taste to this straightforward however wholesome smoothie recipe.
In case you are a chocolate lover like me, any excuse to have chocolate for breakfast is an efficient one! This chocolate strawberry banana smoothie is a wholesome and scrumptious choice for breakfast anytime of the 12 months. Cocoa powder provides wealthy chocolate taste and tons of antioxidants to this scrumptious vegan smoothie recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- A wholesome smoothie recipe with easy elements like frozen strawberries, bananas, and cocoa powder that may get your day began off proper.
- Simply adapt this recipe so as to add extra vitamins by mixing in contemporary greens, protein powder, chia seeds, and extra. Strawberries are wealthy in vitamin C which is nice for wholesome pores and skin.
- This recipe is vegan, egg free, and dairy free. You’ll be able to simply make it nut free as properly by utilizing each soy milk and soy yogurt.
Substances You’ll Want
- Frozen Strawberries: since I like thick and frosty smoothies, I normally use frozen strawberries. (Plus strawberry season is so brief!) Nevertheless, you need to use contemporary strawberries for this smoothie for those who’d like.
- Banana: banana provides some sweetness in addition to creaminess to this smoothie. Additionally, banana and strawberry are an important taste combo! Use frozen banana for a thick smoothie and contemporary banana for a thinner one.
- Cocoa Powder: so as to add chocolate taste to this smoothie, I like to make use of unsweetened cocoa powder. I nearly all the time have some within the pantry. You too can use chocolate protein powder as a substitute of cocoa powder for that chocolate taste.
- Soy Milk: My favourite plant milk to make use of unsweetened, plain soy milk in my smoothies because it has extra protein than different plant-based milks. Nevertheless, you need to use any non-dairy milk that you just like resembling almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, or cashew milk.
- Soy Yogurt: add further creaminess in addition to intestine wholesome probiotics with some plant-based yogurt. I like to make use of a plain, unsweetened cashew yogurt in my smoothies.
- Floor Flaxseeds: add an additional 4 grams of fiber and a few coronary heart wholesome omega 3 fats to your smoothie with a pair tablespoons of flaxseeds. You’ll be able to’t style them however they provide so many advantages.
Non-compulsory Smoothie Add-Ins
- Spinach: sneak in a serving of greens together with your smoothie by including a handful of contemporary spinach or different greens to your smoothie earlier than pureeing. It received’t be a fairly colour – however will probably be good for you!
- Add Protein: as a substitute of cocoa powder, use your favourite chocolate protein powder so as to add each taste and additional protein to your banana strawberry chocolate smoothie. Use 2 tablespoons chia seeds as a substitute of floor flax in your smoothie for an additional 6 grams of protein.
- Wholesome Fat: as a substitute of floor flaxseeds, add some further fiber and wholesome fat to your smoothie with a pair tablespoons of chia seeds or hemp hearts. Almond butter or peanut butter would even be scrumptious.
- Add sweetness: if you’d like a sweeter smoothie, add as much as 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar or 1-2 pitted dates to your smoothie earlier than mixing.
Step by Step
Step One: Add all your elements to a high-speed blender and puree till easy. You too can make this in a single serving blender too.
Step Two: Divide into two glasses to serve. I wish to garnish mine with some hemp hearts and some cacao nibs.
- Begin sluggish: for greatest outcomes, begin your blender on a low velocity and progressively enhance the mixing velocity because the elements begin to break down. (That is particularly useful if utilizing frozen fruit.)
- Regulate the feel: Use frozen strawberries and frozen bananas for a thick, frosty smoothie. Should you use contemporary fruit, you’ll have a thinner smoothie so alter the liquid if wanted.
- What to serve together with your smoothie: I like to pair this creamy strawberry banana chocolate smoothie with some toast, a granola bar, a slice of chocolate walnut banana bread, or a handful of this grain free granola.
Sure! Simply miss the banana and add an additional 1/4 cup of yogurt OR 1/2 cup of frozen cauliflower rice OR 4 oz silken tofu. You might also need to add a date or some maple syrup for sweetness when leaving out the banana.
There are such a lot of scrumptious fruits that you would add. I actually like strawberries as you’ll see on this recipe. Different choices embody: cherries, raspberries, banana, and blueberries.
You’ll be able to retailer leftover smoothie for 1-2 days within the fridge. To retailer for longer, pour leftover chocolate strawberry smoothie into an ice dice tray and freeze. As soon as frozen, switch smoothie cubes to a bag. To make your smoothie, simply mix with a splash of milk.
Did you’re keen on this recipe? Ensure to go away a ⭐️ score and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Get pleasure from a chocolate lined strawberry in smoothie kind for breakfast whenever you make this scrumptious chocolate strawberry banana smoothie. Cocoa powder provides tons of wealthy chocolate-y taste to this straightforward however wholesome smoothie recipe.
Forestall your display from going darkish
- Add Protein: add your favourite chocolate protein powder as a substitute of cocoa powder for further protein.
- Regulate Sweetness: Should you like a sweeter smoothie, add as much as 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup or agave nectar. You would additionally sweeten this smoothie with 1-2 pitted dates.
- Thick Smoothie: Use each frozen strawberries and frozen banana for an additional thick and creamy smoothie.
Serving: 1smoothie | Energy: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply