This scrumptious Cauliflower Gratin makes use of sharp cheddar and Parmesan, and it is a good low-carb aspect dish for a particular meal! And I’ve additionally loved this as a meatless predominant dish.
PIN Cauliflower Gratin to make it later!
This Cauliflower Gratin that makes use of sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheese is a recipe that has fairly a couple of followers and it’s low-carb, scrumptious, tacky, comforting, and in addition ridiculously straightforward to make. There’s one thing so good in regards to the mixture of cauliflower + cheese; don’t you agree?
This recipe is a detailed cousin to the Broccoli Gratin that’s additionally one in every of my favorites (and one thing I’ve made time and again for Thanksgiving or different particular dinners.)
Each of those straightforward gratin recipes are nice as a tacky aspect dish, however lately I ate the cauliflower for a low-carb predominant dish (sort of a mac-n-cheese wanna-be) and totally loved it as a meatless meal with a inexperienced salad on the aspect.
What’s a Gratin?
The phrase Gratin refers to any dish that’s topped with cheese (and generally butter and breadcrumbs) after which cooked within the oven or underneath a broiler till the highest is well-browned and barely crisp.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
(That is ONLY a listing of substances for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- bitter cream
- recent squeezed lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
- Dijon mustard (affiliate hyperlink)
- recent floor black pepper to style
- finely grated Parmesan cheese
Are you able to make this Cauliflower Gratin recipe with frozen cauliflower?
Personally I’d use recent cauliflower for this recipe, and I haven’t tried making it with frozen cauliflower. However for those who’re a frozen cauliflower fan I’m guessing you’ll be able to in all probability get a fairly good outcome utilizing thawed and properly drained frozen cauliflower that’s barely pre-cooked.
Extra Gratin Recipes to Savor:
If you happen to like tacky vegetable gratins you may also like Delicata Squash and Sausage Gratin, Ham and Broccoli Casserole au Gratin, Candy Potato Gratin, Simple Brussels Sprouts Gratin, or Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin.
Easy methods to Make Cauliflower Gratin:
(That is ONLY a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or for those who use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it would take you on to the entire recipe.)
- Reduce a medium-sized head of cauliflower into bite-sized items; then prepare dinner the cauliflower in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Whereas cauliflower is cooking, combine collectively finely grated sharp cheddar cheese, mayo, bitter cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- When cauliflower has cooked ten minutes, drain properly in a colander positioned within the sink.
- After cauliflower drains properly, place in baking dish that you simply’ve sprayed with non-stick spray or just a little olive oil.
- Use a rubber scraper to unfold the cheese combination over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 25-Half-hour, or till cauliflower is bubbly and flippantly browned on prime.
- Yum! I’d love this for a meatless dinner or a tacky aspect dish!
Extra Cauliflower with Cheese:
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Meals Prep that can assist you discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, lower into bite-sized items
- 1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 T mayo
- 4 T bitter cream
- 1 T recent squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- recent floor black pepper to style
- 3 T finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Reduce cauliflower into chunk sized items. (To keep away from the little damaged items of cauliflower all around the chopping board, lower via cauliflower stem, then pull aside the flower finish.)
- Put cauliflower in a small pot, add water to cowl by a couple of inches, then deliver to boil and prepare dinner 10 minutes, or till cauliflower is simply beginning to get tender.
- Drain cauliflower right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it drain very properly.
- Whereas cauliflower cooks, stir collectively mayo, bitter cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and black pepper. Stir in finely grated sharp cheddar.
- Spray a big glass or crockery baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray, then pour the well-drained cauliflower into the dish and unfold out evenly.
- Use a rubber scraper to unfold gratin combination excessive of the cauliflower. (This isn’t a sauce that fully covers the cauliflower, extra like a topping.)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 25-Half-hour, or till cauliflower is effervescent and flippantly browned.
- Serve scorching.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 268Whole Fats: 22gSaturated Fats: 10gUnsaturated Fats: 10gLdl cholesterol: 48mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Diet info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seashore Food regimen Strategies:
This recipe can be nice for low-carb or Keto consuming plans. It could possibly be appropriate for any section of the unique South Seashore Food regimen, however it could be really helpful to make use of low-fat sharp cheddar, low-fat mayo, and low-fat bitter cream for those who’re making this for South Seashore.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Aspect Dishes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food regimen Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2009. It has been widespread ever since and was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply